Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myAMDteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I have dry AMD and have blurred vision and can not read the street signs for the names of the streets now! Getting very scared and see no help myAMDteam. So many scams for medicines and pills out there now claiming to work!

December 29, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A myAMDteam Member

New treatments forDry Macular degeneration (AMD) include FDA-approved eye injections like Syfovre (pegcetacoplan) and Izervay (avacincaptad pegol) . These might be options for you. You should mention them to your RS ❤️

January 2
A myAMDteam Member

Do you get any treatments from a retinal specialist?

January 2
A myAMDteam Member

No, my AMD is dry!

January 1
A myAMDteam Member

I agree with you, this disease is very scary. Do you get the injections?

December 31, 2025
A myAMDteam Member

Thank you for the thoughts! Yes, I've seen a retinal specialists and for now there is nothing for a cure! I'm taking A Reds 2 as prescribed, now they are available over the counter, but they are just vitamins and I seem to be getting worse by the week. It is a little late to learn braille as I will be 90 in June. I know I've had a good run, I'm a car hobbyist and it will kill me not to be able to drive. No, not whining, just scared as can be!!

December 30, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A myAMDteam Member asked a question 💭
Cape May Court House, NJ

A myAMDteam Member asked a question 💭
Terre Haute, IN

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In